Students will each present a slide show after each of our three field trips. The rhythm is as follows.
- Thursdays, you’ll shoot photos in the field. Each field trip will have a focus, but you should explore the field trip setting for a while, before deciding what you want to say about it.
- Fridays, we’ll be in the photo lab, developing our pictures. You’ll choose photos for your story, adjust and crop them, then construct a slide show.
- Mondays (for the first two trips) or Wednesday evening (for the third), you’ll present your material.
- Monday in-class presentations will use the mini-PechaKucha format click for instructions). You’ll tell your story about what you observed in 3 minutes & 20 seconds, using 10 slides.
- The public “Cultures of Disneyland” presentation will be a full PechaKucha: 20 slides in 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
For all these events, you should focus on portraying the social scene and patterns you observed accurately and creatively.